Survey Line d: “Mile Between Sections 16 & 21”
Original Land Survey, Twp 7N, Rge 9E, 16-17 N, 16-21E
This east-west line begins at the corner of Linden and Walnut streets where the modern WARF Building now stands, and runs west to near where the University Station Clinic now stands. Deputy Surveyor Orson Lyon characterized this mile with the following words: “Land hilly & 2nd rate Timber White Black & Burr Oak Undergrowth same with grass.” [sic.]
Learn how to read and interpret this data with the help of our page Original land survey notes for the Lakeshore Nature Preserve vicinity, December 1834.