The Eagle Heights Apartments were built during the early 1960s, and provide housing for a culturally diverse group of international and American students and their families. Some faculty members live in the complex as well. The apartments are literally surrounded by Preserve lands—one of the wonderful benefits of living in this campus housing community. The apartments were built on lands of the former Raymer Farm, acquired by the university in 1911.
To learn more about the history of the Eagle Heights area:
See Thomas D. Brock, “Eagle Heights,” Historic Madison: A Journal of the Four Lakes Region 12 (1995), 37-44.
Read more about Eagle Heights Apartments at the University Housing website.