Attending work parties is a great way to enjoy the Lakeshore Nature Preserve while working with other volunteers to care for it. Work parties are held on one or more Saturdays or Sundays each month (with the exception of January). These are drop-in activities; no pre-registration or prior experience is necessary. Training, tools, and gloves are provided. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Work occurs off-trail on uneven terrain and often requires bending or work on hands and knees.
Visit the Preserve Events Calendar to see upcoming scheduled work parties.
Tips for Work Party Volunteers
- Please review our guide on How to Dress for Volunteering.
- Please arrive on-time as we will be walking from the meeting place to the work site.
- Use the toilet before arriving. Toilet facilities are limited.
- Bring your own drinking water.
- Groups require advance notice. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Youth (younger than 18) are welcome to volunteer alongside a parent or legal guardian.
- Work parties are cancelled in case of steady precipitation or severe weather--high winds, thunder/lightning, temperatures below 0 degrees F with the wind chill, or temperatures above 100 degrees F with the heat index.